Every actor has relied on survival jobs to pay the bills at some point in their career.
Survival jobs may pay less when compared to the previous jobs you’ve had, but it is still just enough to take care of everyday needs.
We hope this article will help you land the job you’re looking for.
1. VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
What is a virtual assistant ?
A virtual assistant is a self-employed worker who specializes in offering administrative services to clients from a remote location, usually a home office.
Virtual assistants are becoming more popular as businesses grow and become more global.
They can be hired to handle mundane tasks like answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, and organizing client data.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to make a living on their own terms.
What does a virtual assistant do ?
- Administrative Work
- Event management
- Personal Tasks
- Website design
- Creating sales pages
- Content Creation
- Editing videos
- Social Media Management
- Email Management
- Help Reduce Training Expenses
- Travel bookings
- Virtual Assistant Jobs
2. BRAND AMBASSADOR
A brand ambassador is a person employed by a company to raise brand awareness and increase sales.
Brand ambassadors might be used in various industries as well as for different brands.
They might work with the public or on the inside of an organization to spread information about their company or brand.
You will likely work closely with sales and marketing representatives to achieve the organization’s marketing goals and objectives, such as communicating the value of their products to customers, tracking marketing efforts, and managing social media campaigns.
A Brand Ambassador is also known as the tip of the sword for a company’s product and image.
Click here for Brand Ambassador Jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Get to know the company’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Participate in events
- Provide feedback and insight on new products/services.
- Keep your enviroment clean and facilitate visibility of the brand through appropriate display.
- Build rapport with customers and vendors.
Cooks are often required to know how to work in a variety of different environments.
They often work in restaurants, schools, hospitals, private households, and other places where food is prepared and served.
Cooks are responsible for preparing and cooking meals like; salads, desserts and snacks.
A Cook’s/Chef’s responsibilities and duties include :
- Ensuring a safe working environment by following all company policies and procedures.
- Preparing food in accordance with the safety requirements and recipes provided, in a timely fashion, without compromising quality.
- Checking quality of ingredients as they come in.
- Cooking quality meals connsistently.
- Monitor stock
- Cleaning up after business hours
Click here for Restaurant Cook jobs in the US.
Bartenders are responsible for the success of any bar.
They are responsible for mixing and serving drinks according to customer preferences, as well as provide consistency in their output.
Their responsibilities include :
- Being knowledgeable about drinks
- Serving drinks and snacks (nachos)
- Collecting Cash/payment from customers
- Clearing and cleaning tables
- Emptying ashtrays
Their skill sets include :
- A Desire to Learn
- Eye-hand coordination
- Organising and running events
- An outgoing Personality
- Situational awareness
The average salary for a bartender in California is around $43,901 per year or $24.02 per hour.
Click here for Bartending Jobs In the US.
5. WAITING TABLES
Here are some duties and responsibilities of waitresses;
- Welcome customers and lead them to their seats
- Make recommendations on specialties
- Stick to food, sanitary and safety standards
- Handle complaints
- Maintain knowledge on available items on menu
- Deliver food and beverages in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain friendly relationships with regular customers of the restaurant
- Accept payments
Click here for Waitress jobs In the US.
6. VIDEO EDITING
Video editing is a process of making a sequence of different shots into one. This process can be done in software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X, or even with a combination of digital cameras and computer programs.
Editors are the unseen, but crucial storytellers of films and TV shows. They take a script from an idea, turn it into a completed project.
Editors are the first and last line of defense for a film or TV show, making sure that the story is complete and that it gets to the audience in an interesting way.
How much do video editors earn ?
Anywhere from $26,560 to $110,790.
Click here for Video Editing jobs.
7. DOG WALKING
Dog owners can finally hire professional dog walkers for the day or even a few hours.
This service allows pet owners to go on vacation and leave their dogs in the hands of caring, qualified professionals.
Basic duties of a dog walker :
- Making sure that the dogs are well-fed and hydrated.
- Making sure the dogs are wearing collars with the proper identification tags.
- Planning walking routes and observing your dogs behavior.
- Cleaning up after the dogs and schedualing appointments.
How much can you make as a dog walker in 2022 ?
Wag! is one of the most popular dog-walking platforms with a payout of $15 per hour (in average) + tips..
8. AFFILIATE MARKETING
Affiliate marketing is the practice whereby a company or individual pays a fee to an independent party (an affiliate) to generate sales in their name, or it is the process by which an affiliate earns a commission for marketing another person’s or company’s products.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing :
- Low cost of start-up
- Low risk
- High ROI
- Affiliates can rapidly scale your traffic and sales
9. SUBSTITUTE TEACHING
Substitute teachers are the unsung heroes of education.
They don’t get the same recognition or respect that teachers do, but they are vital to giving students a second chance at a great education.
Benefits of being a Substitute teacher :
- You can make a difference in students’ lives
- You can expand your skills
- There are plenty of Jobs
- You can learn a lot
- Less Stress
- Flexible hours
- And most importantly you’ll have fun
10. Fitness Coach
Fitness trainers are people who lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities like strength training.
They mentor clients in their journey for a healthier lifestyle, assisting them in reaching their individual goals of physical fitness.
Check out these Fitness Coach jobs
12. Sell Your Unused Stuff
- Facebook groups : To sell something in a facebook buy and sell group click the following link.
- Ebay : How to sell your old stuff on Ebay.
- Amazon : Learn how to start selling on Amazon.
13. Describe Audiobooks
14. Become a Social Media Manager
The social media manager’s role is to contribute to the company’s online visibility, using social media platforms such as blogs, podcasts, Twitter, Facebook and more.
Social media managers also monitor information about their brand on the web and in the news.
The manager will help to create content that is appropriate for social media that can be shared with their organization’s followers.
What is the average salary for a social media manager ?
$44,741 per year
Click here for free social media manager resume templates.
15. Be a Customer Service Representative
Customer service representatives are an important part of any company.
They encounter many different types of customers and must be able to maintain a professional demeanor while still being polite, informative, and helpful.
Customer service skills :
- Emotional intelligence
- Persuasive Speaking Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Clear Communication Skills
- Acting skills
- Problem-solving skills
Click here for Customer Service Representative jobs
16. FOCUS GROUP PARTICIPANT
Focus group studies are a great way to improve your marketing strategy and gain insights on what consumers think of your brand.
The downside to focus group studies is that they are typically unpaid.
You can, however, get paid by joining a paid focus group study.
These studies typically have pre-and post-surveys that can help you determine what changes should be made to generate more sales or increase brand loyalty.
If you want to make money right now ( $50-$150 ) by participating in paid focus groups, click the link below :
17. Writing Blogs
Popular Niches of 2022 for your personal blog :
- Health and Fitness
- Personal Finance
- Business and Marketing
- Educational Blog
Examples of Successful Blogs :
Proofreading can be a tedious, time-consuming process.
But if done correctly, it will ensure that the final product is error-free and can be published without any red flags.
Proofreaders earn a mean hourly wage of $20.17,
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Detail oriented
- Writing and editing
- A good memory
- Computer proficiency
- Quick reader
- Ability to concentrate for long stretches at a time
Click here for Proofreader Jobs in the US.
We hope you find this article useful.
Make sure to tell us which job you’ve applied to in the comments below.