Should actors tell their age?
Ultimately, it’s up to you to make this decision, but we here at Mighty Actor want you to consider a few things first.
What does age range mean in acting?
The age range in acting is the range of ages that a performer or actor can play.
If you don’t know what your age range is, you should.
A general unspoken rule in the acting profession is that one ought not to answer the inquiry, ‘How old are you?’
It’s smarter to discuss your scope of ages that you can play as an entertainer.
“The better you know yourself, the more successful you can be at showcasing yourself.”
This quote is something that I try to remind myself of on a daily basis. I believe that the more we know about ourselves, the easier it is for us to showcase who we are and what we do in this world.
How do I find out my age range?
Your age range is something you will need to sort out to understand what jobs to target.
For instance, in the event that you are 20 yet look youthful, you could take a gander at jobs for those matured 15-20.
How to Detaermine Your Age Range as an Actor
If you’re an actor and you want to know what age range you should be looking for, it can be a little difficult to figure out.
But there are a few ways that you can determine your age range.
- Industry Standard : The first way is to look at the breakdown of the movie or TV show that you’re auditioning for. If they specifically list “ages 18-25,” then this would be your best bet.
- You can also look at the breakdown of the actors in the film or show, if they have any information on them.
- The next way is to look at your own resume and see when you’ve played characters in certain ages ranges. Finally, if all else fails, just go with what feels right!
- You can also ask your Agent
- Ask your friends
- Post the question on social media
What age you look like, you can play.
It’s an important question to ask because it will determine what roles you are qualified for.
Leave a comment with your opinion or any questions you may have below…