In this blog post, you will learn everything you need to be a successful commercial actor. You will learn about the industry, the audition process, and how to best prepare for your commercial acting audition. There are also some tips and tricks that we have compiled to help you become a top commercial actor.
What is a Commercial Actor?
Commercial actors are professional entertainers who are hired to portray a character in a commercial.
They are usually hired by advertising agencies and production companies.
Commercial actors do not just act for commercials, they also take on the role of spokesperson for brands, conduct market research, and promote products.
Commercial actors can be found in the TV, radio, film, or theater industries.
How to Prepare for an Audition as a Commercial Actor
There are a few things to keep in mind when preparing for an audition;
- Make sure you have a good understanding of the role and the script. This will allow you to know what is expected of you during the audition.
- Practice your lines and actions with your script in front of a mirror or friend so that you can see yourself as others will see you.
This will help with any nervousness and make sure that your performance is convincing.
- It’s also important to be confident and comfortable in your skin before going into an audition, so wear clothes that make you feel comfortable while still looking professional and polished.
- Arrive early, as this will make you more relaxed and ready to perform.
- Work on several interpretations, this will help you to feel more secure about the lines and actions in case you land the role.
- And finally stay focused, as this will help you not to worry about anything else going on around you, as well as it will help you stay in character.
What are the Best Strategies for Getting Commercial Auditions?
It is not an easy task to get auditions, especially in a commercial audition.
You need to have the right strategy or else you will be left behind.
Acting for Commercials with an Agent
When you are acting for commercials, it is important to work with an agent.
An agent will help you find the best auditions and can provide you with a variety of opportunities that would not be available otherwise.
An agent will help you get the best commercial auditions and will provide a variety of opportunities that would not be available otherwise.
For example, an agent can help you find the most lucrative commercial auditions or audition for commercials in different cities. This way, actors don’t have to spend their time looking for these opportunities on their own.
Acting for Commercials without an Agent
If you don’t have an agent, don’t worry because there are other ways as well.
You can go through casting calls, networking events and even social media for that matter.
Steps for getting commercial auditions quickly without an agent :
- Log on and start submitting yourself to one of these commercial casting websites;
- Get your materials in order
- Profresional actor headshot
- Demo reel
How Much Money Can You Make From Acting in Commercials?
Acting in commercials is a great way to make money. You can build your career and get the experience of working with a camera crew.
The rates actors are charging for TV commercials is always negotiated.
Commercials can pay well long-term. A Colgate commercial, for example, could bring in recurring payments of $35-50K while local commercials can pay you a one time fee of $300-3000K.
What are the Skills Needed to Become a Successful Commercial Actor?
Commercial actors are a special kind of actor.
They have to be able to show a range of emotions and be able to deliver lines in a believable way.
In order to become successful, you need skills in :
- Looking and speaking at the camera,
- Knowing where to stand and how to move during your shoot,
- and taking direction
Must know Commercial acting tips
- Your looks matter learn
- Understand how to act in front of the camera
- Attend looking for acting classes that deal with “commercial actor training”.
- Your photos should be professionally done.
- Build a great resume
- Be prepared
The Highest Paid Commercial Actors Of All Time
- Morgan Smith-Goodwin. (Wendy’s)
- Tim Williams. (Trivago)
- Dean Winters. (Allstate)
- Isaiah Mustafa. (Old Spice)
- Stephanie Courtney. (Progressive)
- Jonathan Goldsmith. (Dos Equis)
- Paul Marcarelli. (Verizon)
A commercial actor’s job is to play a part in a movie, TV show, or television commercial.
They are often paid for the project they work on such as commercials or commercials in productions.
Commercial actors’ jobs are usually not steady.
So, be persistent in your pursuit of success.
You need to be willing to work hard, do what you love and stay true to yourself.
Leave a comment with your opinion or any questions you may have below…